Massage as a healing tool has been around for thousands of years in many cultures. Touching is a natural human reaction to pain and stress, and for conveying compassion and support.
The incredible benefits of massage are doubly powerful if taken in regular “doses.” Receiving bodywork 2-3 times a week is highly beneficial.
(Massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. The benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments as follow:
– Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
– Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
– Increases joint flexibility.
– Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
– Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
– Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
– Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
– Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
– Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.)